Movement is life. Today, for many, the movement is driving a car. But they didn’t want to say this with a worldly proverb. Nowadays, the car has ceased to be a luxury, and has become a means of transportation. Moreover, for many, the car has become an integral part of the work. Taxi drivers, truckers, minibus drivers, etc. cannot imagine life without a car. These professions require drivers to be at the wheel all day. What is dangerous sedentary lifestyle for men , and what occupational diseases lie in wait for drivers?
Top most common driver diseases:
- Prostatitis One of the most frequent diseases of the male genitalia. A sedentary lifestyle is one of the main and most common causes of prostatitis. Being in a sitting position for a long time, blood circulation is disturbed and a stagnant process appears in the pelvic area, which leads to prostatitis.
- Hemorrhoids . Hemorrhoids are caused not only by impaired blood circulation in the small pelvis. Frequent constipation is the main cause of hemorrhoids in men. Unbalanced diet with insufficient fiber content necessary for the digestive tract, is the main cause of constipation. Therefore, for the prevention of hemorrhoids in men, it is necessary to use foods that contain fiber: fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds.
- Osteochondrosis . Osteochondrosis is caused by a sedentary lifestyle and an incorrect posture behind the wheel.
- Radiculitis One of the most common causes of sciatica is osteochondrosis.
- Overweight in men . Lack of physical activity contributes to the deposition of excess fat. This leads to disruption of metabolic processes, after which the situation with overweight worsens even more. Compounding the situation is not the correct diet, part of which is fast food.
- Cardiovascular diseases . Men, whose profession is associated with constant driving, are prone to heart attacks and hypertension for two reasons: a strong emotional load and insufficient physical activity. Emotional overload manifests itself due to constant tension behind the wheel: you must always be focused and attentive in order not to get into an accident. Lack of physical activity contributes to the weakening and atrophy of the heart muscle, which leads to various cardiovascular diseases.
- Male infertility . Sitting position increases the temperature and overheating of the testicles, which interferes with the maturation of sperm and the secretion of male hormones. The situation is aggravated by the driver's seat with heating, as well as tight men's underwear adversely affects the health of men .
- Disease of the gastrointestinal tract . Refers to drivers who neglect healthy food and often do not have time to eat normally. For example, truckers.
Prevention of occupational diseases of drivers
So what should be done in order to minimize the consequences caused by a long stay behind the wheel.
The first thing you need to pay attention to is physical activity. If possible, do walks and play sports. If possible, take breaks. During the break, try to move more, and if the situation allows, do exercises to improve blood circulation in the pelvis:
- Circular rotation pelvis first in one, then in the other direction
- Torso forward with hands touching the floor
- The torso slopes to the sides
If it is not possible to stand up, you can do the following exercise: sitting, we begin to draw in the area between the testicles and the anus, and the muscles of the buttocks should not strain. This exercise trains the muscles of potency - the pubic-coccygeal muscle . Exercise is effective for the prevention of prostatitis, as well as diseases associated with stagnation of blood in the pelvic area.
The second thing that drivers should think about is the equipment of their driver’s seat with a special orthopedic mattress.
- prevention of osteochondrosis, radiculitis, hemorrhoids, prostatitis
- improves blood circulation in the pelvic organs
- maintains correct posture
- reduces fatigue at the wheel
Remember, prevention is easier than cure. Therefore, it is better to engage in the prevention of diseases on time, otherwise drivers' professional diseases may appear at any time.