Estrogens are a group of female sex hormones that are produced by the ovaries of the female body. But the male body also produces estrogens, only in significantly smaller amounts. Estrogens in the male body are produced by the testes and adrenal cortex.
If nature took care of the presence in the male body of estrogen, then there are certain reasons for this.
Useful properties of estrogen in the male body:
- Maintain sufficient levels of “good” cholesterol
- Together with testosterone promote more pronounced muscle growth
- Regulate the nervous system
- Responsible for maintaining libido (see "How to increase a man's libido" )
With age, the hormonal balance changes: testosterone levels steadily drop, and estrogen levels rise. Low testosterone levels cause excess fat to build up. Especially dangerous is excess fat in the abdomen, because it is there that testosterone is converted to estrogen. Elevated levels of estrogen further aggravate the general condition and health.
Excess estrogen in the male body leads to:
- Inhibition of Testosterone Production
- The deposition of excess fat on the female type
- Depression and Stress
- Decreased libido
- Sexual dysfunction
Elevated levels of estrogen is associated not only with age. Often this is the result of a poor lifestyle, eating foods containing large amounts of estrogen.
The reasons for the high content of estrogen in the male body:
- Overweight in men includes estrogen production and suppresses testosterone production.
- Increased aromatase content that turns a testosterone molecule into an estrogen
- The use of food enhancing estrogens:
- Soy - the leader in the content of estrogen. Currently, soybean has become the main source of vegetable protein, so it can be found in various products: dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt), meat (sausage products, convenience foods, sausages, wieners), various sweets, etc. This does not mean that you have to deny yourself the use of, for example, milk, you just need to monitor the amount of soy entering the body.
- Beer contains phytoestrogens - analogues of female sex hormones. Other alcoholic beverages lower testosterone levels, which gives rise to estrogen secretion.
- Leguminous plants (beans, peas, beans)
- Excessive drinking
- Products that lower testosterone
- All causes lower testosterone
As you can see, not only the normal level of testosterone is important for the male body, it is also necessary to maintain the normal level of estrogen.