At once we will say that there are no “beer” or “bakery” bellies. A man can not drink beer, but the stomach is still there. Why is it a beer belly, after all, the same “belly” can appear as a result of normal overeating? The fact is that beer contributes to the deposition of fat, starting from the abdominal cavity, so the people called the big belly of a man a beer. So, in order to remove the stomach, a man must answer the question: "What are the main reasons for the appearance of the abdomen?". Eliminating the causes, it will be easier to eliminate the consequences.
Causes of the appearance of the abdomen in men:
- Overeating, as well as frequent consumption of foods that contribute to obesity. The main problem that leads to the appearance of excess weight in men.
- Lack of physical exercise (physical inactivity). Coupled with overeating, low physical activity leads to a rapid increase in weight, which begins in men from the abdominal cavity.
- Age. With age, the metabolism and other processes in the body slow down, which gives good soil for fat deposition. This is partly due to the age-related decline in testosterone, which controls fat deposition.
- Low levels of testosterone in men leads to slower metabolism, and on the contrary, overweight reduces testosterone. It turns out a vicious circle that prevents a man to lose those extra pounds.
What effect does a beer belly have on men's health?
It turned out that the beer belly is not only unaesthetic, but also harmful for its owner. And this is not an exaggerated statement! The fact is that fat in the abdominal cavity is a kind of factory for the conversion of testosterone into estrogen - the female sex hormone, which is responsible for the development of female sex characteristics. A high level of estrogen in men contributes to the deposition of fat on the body of a male by the female type and reduces the level of testosterone, being its antagonist (in more detail about the effect of obesity on the level of testosterone ).
The beginning of the way
Before you take the first step towards changing yourself, remember that gradualness is the key to success in any business! The same applies to the fight with extra pounds. We are woven from habits, so do not take them away abruptly and in one day, otherwise your body will rise against you and sooner or later everything will return to normal.
And yet, do not set yourself critical goals, such as: “Losing weight in a month by 30 kg”, etc., if this is not required by medical indications. Firstly, it is very difficult and such a drastic weight loss will not in the best way affect your health. Secondly, such goals require the adoption of critical measures, and this violates the principle of gradualism, and increases the risk of getting off the path to the goal.
If you are going to set goals (and this should always be done), then they must be REAL and SPECIFIC. That is, instead of installing “I want to remove the belly”, you need to set a goal “to reduce waist volume by 5 cm in a month” or “to lose 5 kg in a month”. Set a goal and go to it - you don't need to know anything more!
How to start getting rid of the abdomen?
Drinking mode. First of all, remove excess calories where they should not be at all. Watch out for yourself. What fluid does your basic diet take? If it is tea and coffee with sugar, carbonated drinks, store juices, then you get extra calories from scratch. Not only is excess calories cluttering up your body, caffeine drinks also lead to dehydration. All that your body needs is simple purified water and nothing more (see the personal experience of giving up tea and coffee ). Ideally, you should consume only water, and in sufficient quantities (2 liters per day).
Normalization of the diet. It is necessary to gradually reduce fat, flour and sweet in your diet, that is, to minimize or discard altogether:
- fast food (sandwiches, dumplings, hot dogs, pizza);
- confectionery (buns, white bread, sweets, chocolate);
- fatty meat products;
- sugar and its substitutes;
- products, chemical industry (chips, crackers, etc.).
- fresh vegetables and fruits;
- cereal porridge;
All of these products contain a large amount of fiber, which is necessary for normal digestion.
Diet. Nutrition also plays an important role. Indiscriminate nutrition and constant snacks do not contribute to fast digestion.
The basic rules of diet, contributing to weight loss:
- Eat fractionally (a smaller amount of food for several receptions), that is, it is better to eat your daily volume of food, for example, for 5 receptions than for 3;
- Try to observe a temporary regime between meals. Gradually, the body will develop a habit, and the absorption of food will be faster;
- Do not eat at night. Nutritionists advise to give preference to light foods in the evening, because the metabolism slows down at this time. You can eat fruits, vegetables, salad.
Physical education and weight loss
Exercise is a very good aid for losing weight. Do not believe yourself when your brain tries to justify the fact that you do not have time or the opportunity to play sports. There is always the possibility - there would be a desire. But do not immediately resort to heavy exhausting workouts. After all, sport is not only work to the seventh sweat, everything can be much easier than you think.
Think about how you can strain your body. Maybe you live in a private house and 10 minutes with a rope every day will not take much of your time. Maybe you live near the stadium or swimming pool and you will have half an hour 3-4 times a week to use them? For a start, it is enough to create a complex of simple physical exercises that can be done at home. Then you can connect cardio (jogging, cycling, swimming) and exercises with dumbbells. It is also necessary to perform exercises on the press , which tighten the abdominal muscles.
Testosterone as a factor in accelerating metabolism
As noted earlier, testosterone accelerates the metabolism in men, so a sufficient level of testosterone will facilitate and accelerate the fight against obesity. How to increase it can be read here .
Surgical treatment of obesity
It is indicated for patients with a body mass index (BMI) of more than 40 with the ineffectiveness of conservative treatment methods.
Today the following operations are most effective:
- Gastric bypass;
- Gastric banding;
- Sleeve gastroplasty.