Is a beard growing slowly? Gaps in facial hair or its complete absence? The problem is not new and its solution is already available on several levels: natural methods and special means that have been proven to activate new hair growth.
Why do some grow a beard, while others do not?
There is simply no exact answer to this question, but there are several assumptions on this topic:
1. Heredity and genetics. Perhaps this is the most obvious factor why some people have plentiful growth of facial hair, while others do not. But some may exclaim: "After all, my father has thick stubble, but I do not!". The presence of vegetation on the face of the father does not mean that it should appear with you. Since the genes are transferred nonlinearly, and you are not a complete copy of the father, it means that the gene responsible for the growth of facial hair may contain other information. But, nevertheless, the presence of thick stubble on the father is a good predisposing factor for the growth of your beard.
2. Your beard growth time has not come yet. If you are under 18 years old, it’s still too early to judge which facial hair will be in the future. Yes, many peers may already have thick bristles right now, but this should not be an indicator. Everyone has their own time of puberty, and perhaps for you it has not come yet!
3. Your body does not have enough strength to form a new hairline. The reason for this may be:
- chronic diseases, weakening the body;
- unhealthy and unbalanced nutrition;
- bad habits;
- stress, depression;
- constant state of overtraining;
- and other.
Analyze your health - if it is unsatisfactory, it may be the cause of the lack of hair growth on the face.
4. Low levels of sex hormones. Since the beard is a male sign, testosterone, the main sex hormone of a man, is responsible for its appearance. Lack of testosterone can cause lack of vegetation on the face and body. But, the presence of a normal level of testosterone does not guarantee you a thick beard, since the effect of sex hormones may differ for two different individuals. For example, with the same level of testosterone in men, absolutely different intensity and thickness of beard growth can be observed. It depends on the sensitivity of the receptors to testosterone and other genetic features.
How to stimulate beard growth?
These recommendations are equally effective for both stimulating the growth of existing hairs and for activating the growth of new ones. To achieve tangible results, an integrated approach is needed, implying:
- Natural ways of internal stimulation.
- Hygienic and cosmetic procedures for external stimulation.
- The use of special tools.
1. Natural methods of internal stimulation of beard growth
Indeed, low levels of male sex hormones (androgens) can cause weak vegetation on the body and face. However, for a start it is worth making sure that the problem is really hormones. The safest way to find out your testosterone level is to take a blood test. This can be done on a paid basis in any of the clinics that provide these services.
If the analysis for total testosterone showed low results (see testosterone levels ), you need to visit an endocrinologist and find out the reasons causing a decrease in androgens. The doctor will prescribe the necessary course of treatment to restore normal hormone levels. After that, you can count on an increase in hair growth on the body and face.
For those who have independently decided to increase their testosterone, we recommend reading:
- And other articles from the section "Testosterone and hormones"
In the concept of "healthy food" we will include not only food that is beneficial to our body, but also products that contain the necessary substances for health and hair growth. For hair formation, proteins, amino acids, certain vitamins and minerals are necessary. Replenishing these substances can significantly improve the growth and formation of hair.
— эти витамины нужны в любом случае для поддержания нормальной функции всех систем организма: Vitamin A, C, E - these vitamins are needed in any case to maintain the normal function of all body systems:
- Vitamin A - is necessary for the growth of the body, strengthens the hair, preventing hair loss and brittleness. Contained in carrots, broccoli, butter, cheese, sea kale.
- Vitamin C - is responsible for immunity, improves hair nutrition. Contained in citrus fruits (orange, lemon), pepper, kiwi , cabbage (broccoli, cauliflower, red).
- Vitamin E - improves blood circulation and the delivery of nutrients to the hair follicles. Contained in nuts, dried apricots, prunes, oatmeal.
— очень важная группа витаминов для здоровья волос. Vitamins of group B - very important group of vitamins for health of hair. Especially needed of them:
- Vitamin B7 (biotin, vitamin H) is perhaps the most important vitamin for healthy hair. Biotin is synthesized in our intestines in quantities sufficient for the body (under the conditions of normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract), and is also found in many foods. Most biotin in chicken eggs, oatmeal, peas, nuts.
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid). Like biotin, folic acid can be synthesized by intestinal microflora. It is useful not only for the health of hair, but also for improving reproductive function - there is evidence of the positive effect of vitamin B9 on the number of sperm in men. A lot of folic acid is found in nuts (peanuts, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts), spinach, lettuce, legumes, liver.
являются вспомогательным строительным материалом для волоса, поэтому без них никак не обойтись, если вы хотите вырастить пышную бороду. Minerals are an auxiliary building material for hair, so you can’t do without them if you want to grow a magnificent beard. The most useful ones are:
- Zinc is the most important trace element for the male body. Seriously! A sufficient amount of zinc in the diet can solve most of the problems with men's health (read more about the role of zinc here ).
- Calcium is essential for maintaining bone density and hair structure. A lot of calcium is found in dairy products (cheese, cheese, milk, cottage cheese), nuts, sesame, peas, oatmeal.
- Iron - is necessary for blood formation and strengthening of the hair. Contained in nuts, liver, buckwheat.
On the basis of all of the above, we make a list of products useful for beard growth:
- Fruits and vegetables (cabbage of all varieties, peppers, carrots, beets, orange, kiwi);
- Fish and seafood;
- Greens and leafy vegetables (spinach, lettuce, dill, parsley, garlic);
- Meat (chicken breast - a source of easily digestible protein, vitamins of group B, beef - a source of zinc, vitamins of group B);
- Liver (chicken, beef, pork) - a source of zinc, and other vitamins;
- Legumes (beans, peas);
- Kashi (oatmeal, buckwheat);
- Dairy products (cheese, cheese, cottage cheese) - a source of calcium, protein.
What products should be discarded:
- Salt (read about how much salt a man needs );
- Fast food.
Heavy Duty Classes
Many men note that after they started going to the gym, facial hair growth accelerated. For many, this has contributed to the launch of new hair growth. There is nothing surprising, since the exercises with the burdening increase the level of testosterone. And in order to achieve the maximum increase of sex hormones from a workout, you should follow some recommendations:
- Be sure to perform such exercises as squatting, deadlift, bench press, because it is the basic exercises that contribute to the maximum testosterone production. Doing only isolated exercises on small muscle groups makes it impossible to achieve a significant increase in the level of androgens.
- The weight of the burden should be selected in such a way that a maximum of 8-10 repetitions can be performed for the approach. The last repetition should cause maximum effort.
- The duration of the training should not exceed an hour. Weight training increases the level of anabolic hormones (testosterone, growth hormone) responsible for muscle growth. After an hour of practice, the position changes to the opposite and catabolic hormones ( cortisol ), responsible for muscle breakdown, begin to be synthesized in the blood.
- Do not tolerate overtraining. The state of overtraining reduces the level of sex hormones. It is important to remember that muscles grow during rest, so the recovery process is just as important as the workout process. Exercise no more than 2-3 times a week, cycling the load on different muscle groups (the so-called split-training).
2. Hygiene procedures for external stimulation of facial hair growth
It is necessary to stimulate the growth of a beard not only by internal factors, but also by external ones. Hair growth depends on the purity and condition of the skin. Here are some tips for future bearded men:
- Keep your skin clean. To do this, do not need to use various means for washing. There used to be a lot of bearded men, did they all use tonics? It’s hard to imagine a peasant who smears himself with lotion every morning! In their arsenal there was only simple cold water. It is cold water, as it additionally stimulates blood circulation. So, to keep your face clean, you need to wash your face thoroughly with cold water 2-3 times a day or as it becomes soiled.
- Use burdock oil. The method of application is simple: you need to take burdock oil (preferably slightly warmed) and rub it into the skin. Hold for no more than an hour, you can rinse. The best effect is achieved if the burdock oil is mixed with red pepper - in addition to feeding the hair, blood circulation to the hair follicles is enhanced. However, you need to be careful if you use pepper and do not overdo it with the addition. Otherwise, you can cause a strong redness of the face. This procedure should be performed 2-3 times a week with the addition of pepper or every day only with burdock oil. Burdock oil can be purchased at any pharmacy (see Figure 2). Its cost is about 60-80 rubles.
- Another folk remedy: mix eucalyptus oil with water in a ratio of at least 1: 4 (1 part oil to 4 parts water) and apply to the skin with a cotton swab. After the procedure, rinse the product well with no residue.
Fig. 2 - Pharmaceutical preparations that stimulate hair growth.