The group of polyunsaturated acids omega-3 was discovered by scientists relatively recently in the course of research on the diet of various groups of the population. According to the data obtained, it is thanks to the omega-3 acids that the male population of Alaska suffers less from various ailments and retains the ability to bear children to a very old age.
The uniqueness of polyunsaturated acids is the ability to strengthen cell membranes and restore metabolic processes at the cellular level. With regular use of omega-3 has a lot of positive effects on the body of men:
- increases the speed and quality of signal transmission between brain cells - thought processes pass without the expenditure of a large amount of energy, the psychological state returns to normal;
- elasticity of blood vessels increases, their walls are restored, blood flow improves in all organs ( including genital organs );
- regenerative processes are accelerated - pain in the inflamed joints is reduced, the condition of organs and systems that have undergone pathological changes is normalized;
- work of the glands of external and internal secretion is normalized, which contributes to the improvement of testosterone production , hormones are restored;
- a healthy blood picture is restored, metabolic processes are improved, the body is naturally rejuvenated.
Daily Omega-3 for men
According to studies, an acceptable daily intake is 600 mg of polyunsaturated acid per day. The degree of absorption of omega-3 does not depend on food intake - you can eat it before meals or during the meal.
Unlike other groups of biologically active substances, taking omega-3 doses increased several times does not cause complications and severe side effects.
Sources of omega-3
Cover the daily need for these compounds can enrich the diet with certain products. In some cases (for prevention or for medical reasons), you can replace the natural sources of omega-3 drugs.
Dietary sources of omega-3
Polyunsaturated organic acids of the Omega-3 group are mainly contained in seafood. At the same time, experts identified several subgroups of this compound that differ in their effects on the body (Table 1).
Table 1 - Some omega-3 fatty acids.
|NAME OMEGA-3 ACID||SOURCES||BENEFIT FOR BODY|
|DPA - docosapentaenoic acid||Fat sea fish and fish oil extracted from it||It activates an independent synthesis of amino acids in the cells of the body, restores metabolic processes and hormones, stimulates tissue regeneration.|
|EPA - Eicosapentoenic Acid||Sea fatty fish, kelp, cod liver||Restores metabolism and the synthesis of hormones, promotes better absorption of minerals and trace elements.|
|ALA - alpha linoleic acid||Fat sea fish and vegetable oils - cedar, sunflower, olive, and also oil of a thistle, sea-buckthorn, mustard and hemp.||Stimulates regeneration processes, starts the process of rejuvenation and normalizes metabolic processes. Participates in the synthesis of hormones, stabilizes the work of almost all organs and systems.|
|DHA - docosahexaenoic acid||Sea fatty fish, shellfish, kelp and plankton, shrimps.||Participates in the restoration of smooth muscle tissue, participates in the synthesis of growth hormone, prevents the occurrence of stroke and heart attack, allergies, improves cerebral circulation, normalizes lipid metabolism. The compound belongs to the main components of the sperm.|
To saturate the body with omega-3 acids, it is enough to include seafood in the form of fatty fish in the menu. Ideal cod, mackerel, tuna and even herring.
Another source of omega-3 - capsules with fish oil or sea fish oil (not the same!) In natural form, sold in a pharmacy. The choice of drugs with omega-3 must be approached carefully, because in addition to the natural benefit concentrate, you can get helminthic invasions, intoxication with arsenic or lead.
What you need to pay attention when choosing drugs with omega-3:
- Source of fish oil. The most valuable raw material is isolated from the carcasses of sea fish. The least amount of omega-3 acids is contained in the fat extracted from the guts of the fish - guts, liver, and other guts.
- The degree of purification of fish oil. The most useful raw material is past, past more than three stages of purification. It does not contain organic impurities, parasites, toxic compounds, heavy metals and salts.
- Appearance of fish oil. Fish oil in its natural form has a transparent, slightly thick oily texture and has a typical smell for fish oil. The capsules should be visible transparent yellowish content, necessarily liquid.
- The presence of preservatives and their name. These components allow you to save fish oil longer. Ideal if Vitamin E is used as a preservative component. It is this fish oil should be preferred.
- The drug should contain the maximum amount of omega-3 acids. Under this requirement is suitable only natural fish oil. If herbal components are indicated as the main source of raw materials, it is better to refuse the preparation.
- A high-quality pharmacy tool with Omega-3 should contain a minimum of additives - sweeteners, flavors and dyes. Even if the drug is available in the form of capsules, their composition, in addition to fish oil, should include only gelatin and a complex of stabilizers.
No less important when choosing products with omega-3 is their price. If the drug will meet all the criteria listed above, its cost may not be too low.