Salt is the most popular food seasoning among men. Lovers of plenty of salt should think about their health, as the constant salting can lead to irreversible consequences.
What happens if you exceed the allowable salt rate?
Surely, many people noticed that after drinking salty, one would like to drink heavily. So the body is trying to get rid of excess sodium and chlorine, sending signals to the brain about thirst. A person intensively absorbs water, forcing the kidneys and the cardiovascular system to work harder. And the salt is not displayed until the end, which contributes to water retention in the body.
To cope with excess fluid, the heart must pump harder, squeezing its muscles with more force to fill the extra volume. In the end, it can lead to constant overpressure, overloading of the heart muscle, chest pain , heart attacks, the need for coronary bypass surgery, kidney failure and sudden death from cardiac arrest.
CONSEQUENCES OF ABUSE OF SALT FOR MEN:
- Edema. Excess NaCl provokes water retention in the body. With prolonged water retention, it begins to penetrate to a greater degree from the vessels into the extracellular space, thereby creating swelling of the surrounding tissues.
- Hypertension - high blood pressure. Hypertension is one of the disorders of the cardiovascular system, to which men are so prone to diseases. The cause of hypertension is fluid retention in the body and increased cardiac output.
- Increased load on the heart. With increased arterial pressure, the heart works in an enhanced mode, pumping more blood and overcoming the increased tension in the vessels, which is fraught with its premature wear and loosening.
- Decreased testosterone production. Absolutely proven fact is the reduction of the male sex hormone after ingestion of salt. Therefore, at the first signs of androgen deficiency , first of all, it is necessary to reduce the amount of salt consumed.
- Increased risk of developing stomach cancer. This conclusion was made by Japanese scientists after research in which men and women took part. It should be noted that the risk of gastric cancer due to salt overload increased in men - women were stronger in this regard.
HOW MUCH SALTS NEED A MALE ORGANISM?
The daily allowance of salt for the male body is not more than 2 grams. It should be noted that salt is not only that pinch of white powder, which is sprinkled with food, but also NaCl is in food, only in a different, organic form.
Table 1 - List of products containing NaCl
As can be seen from table 1, a sufficient amount of sodium and chlorine salts are contained in food products, which removes the need for abundant salting of food. In addition, salt, to which we are so accustomed, is not an organic mineral and is partially absorbed by the body (about 5%), which makes it inappropriate to obtain a daily allowance of NaCl from regular salt.
WHAT KIND OF SALT MOST USEFUL?
Buyers can purchase at least a couple of types of salt, which differ in the technology of extraction, processing and composition of the product.
Black salt As a result of roasting, the black salt loses the impurities of heavy metals that are present in ordinary salt. Also, black salt contains nutrients: magnesium, iodine, potassium, calcium, activated carbon. Note that this salt retains less water in the body.
Sea salt. Perhaps the most useful type of salt, since it is a completely natural product and contains a lot of minerals and trace elements necessary for our body.
Rock salt (halite). This gray salt is not undergoing technological treatment, due to which it retains all the useful substances. During the absence of technical progress, unrefined stone salt was the most common type of salt used in cooking.
Cooked (extra) salt. The usual and most common salt that people are used to seeing on their desks. It is the least useful type of salt of all, since its composition completely lacks useful substances, and contains various impurities to give a presentation. From the use of this type of salt should be abandoned.
Salt or not salt - that is the question!
Try to reduce salt intake as much as possible. Salt shaker on the table should be a relic of the past as a reel tape recorder or typewriter. Whoever is engaged in cooking in your home, you need to use as little as possible substances containing sodium (soda, salt).
In order to improve the taste, use salt substitutes, seasonings, herbs, or simply pepper - this does not affect blood pressure. Forget about fast food restaurants, do not eat chips, pretzels and sauces. Avoid them! In addition, pay attention to the packaging labeled "reduced fat", in most cases, these products are made with the addition of salt, in order to improve the taste.
Your body will get used to consume less salt! When you start a low-salt diet, it will not be easy. Yes, salt gives flavor, making the dish appetizing. First you will be disheartened by how tasteless your food has become. But after a couple of weeks, the body and taste buds will adapt to the new amount of salt consumed. You will only need to stick to it and not fool yourself.
Get rid of sources of salt. If possible, avoid: fast food, fish in canned food, concentrated soups, canned vegetables, a variety of gravies, salty snacks, soy sauces, frozen convenience foods.