Water is life. This is how the role of water in human life is characterized. Therefore, maintaining an optimal water balance is of paramount importance for all who want to be healthy.
Why does man need water?
The human body is mostly water. About 60% of the human body is water. The brain is 70% water. Thus, drinking enough water daily, you give your body the opportunity to update and replenish its basic building material.
When there is enough water in the body, the nervous system works more efficiently, the concentration of toxins decreases (they are washed out), the kidneys filter the fluid better, more lubricant forms in the joints, stools normalize and the body is completely detoxified .
Fluid supply also contributes to healing: the first reaction to a wound is to send large amounts of water to the affected area in order to separate it from the body and isolate the site of the disease.
In the emergency room, the first thing that doctors often do is inject additional fluid intravenously. They do not wait until the patient himself wants to drink, they immediately put him a system for drip injection of fluid.
What to drink and what not to drink?
Many people think that by using some fluids other than plain water, they compensate for the water balance, although in fact this leads to the loss of water by the body. Such liquids, which we take as an alternative to ordinary water, not only do not meet the needs of our body in water, but also clog it. These products include:
- Coffee and tea. It is advisable to limit the intake of these drinks (no more than 2-3 times a day), preferring only natural products (see personal experience in the rejection of coffee and tea ).
- Carbonated and fizzy drinks. Such drinks contain components harmful to health, an excess of caffeine and sugar.
- Store juices. They contain various preservatives, citric acid and a large amount of sugar.
- Distilled water continuously. Do not replace the fluid entering the body with distilled water, as it is devoid of minerals. With constant use of distilled fluid, the body will experience a lack of minerals, which can lead to a weakening of the bone skeleton and related diseases.
- Mineral water in the constant mode. Mineral water is medicinal water and must be prescribed by a doctor as an appropriate course of treatment. In small doses, mineral water is useful, but do not replace it with the use of plain water.
- Water from the tap. Such water contains impurities of heavy metals, in particular chlorine and iron, which with long-term use can cause some harm to human health. The way out of this situation is simple - filters for water purification .
How much water should I drink?
Depending on body weight, a person should consume 2-3 liters of water per day or 6-8 glasses of water per day minimum. The rate of water consumed increases if a person is engaged in active physical labor and sports. Note that many fluids, such as coffee and tea, lead to dehydration. Therefore, lovers of these drinks should limit their use and increase the daily dose of plain pure water.
How to know that you consume enough water?
If you consume enough water, your urine will be clear, colorless and odorless. This facilitates the work of the kidneys and the cardiovascular system and serves as evidence of a good water balance. It happens that on some days you have to not drink for several hours in a row, or even all day. When this happens, the urine comes out hot, very concentrated and always with smell. Such situations lead to stress on the kidneys and the cardiovascular system.
Note: some supplements with B vitamins stain urine orange. Beets can make your urine red. In some people, after eating asparagus, urine acquires a peculiar odor. If the urine has an unusual color for several days, talk to your doctor about it.
Healthy drinking rules
- Immediately after waking up, drink a glass of water (preferably in small portions). This will help to wake up, include the body in the work and activate the flow of biochemical reactions.
- Try to divide your daily fluid intake into several doses in small portions so that the flow of water takes place evenly throughout the day.
- Do not drink with meals. Try not to drink earlier than half an hour before meals and 1-1.5 hours after meals. Fluid that has entered the esophagus along with food, erodes gastric juice, which impairs its digestion. This is especially true of cold water. If there is a need to drink the food eaten - make it warm or hot liquid.
- Do not replace water with other liquids - only water has the necessary properties.
Phone Applications Recording Water Levels
Adherents of high technology has become easier to monitor their health. Now owners of phones with the Android and IOS platform can monitor the level of fluid in the body with the help of the special WaterBalance application.
The application is very easy to use. To get started, you need to fill out a profile where we indicate our name, weight, height, date of birth, after which the application determines your daily water rate. All you have to do is to register the amount of fluid you have drunk per day.
The advantage of this application is that it calculates the level of dehydration for such liquids as, for example, coffee. The minus is a constant data entry on the amount of liquid drunk. In any case, you can install and use the application for a couple of days in order to know about your water balance.
Recently, scientists have closely studied water as the most mysterious element of our planet, and many amazing discoveries have been made. For example, that water has a memory and that it can be structured. And since a person is 60-80% water, all these discoveries are directly related to us. All this proves once again that water is an essential element for living organisms.