Water is life. This is how the role of water in human life is characterized. Therefore, maintaining an optimal water balance is a priority for everyone who wants to be healthy.
Why does a person need water?
The human body is mainly composed of water. About 60% of the human body is water. The brain is 70% water. Thus, drinking enough water daily, you give your body the opportunity to update and replenish its basic building material.
When there is enough water in the body, the nervous system works more efficiently, the concentration of toxins decreases (they are washed out), the kidneys better filter fluid, more lubrication is formed in the joints, stools are normalized and the body is completely detoxified .
The supply of fluid also contributes to healing: the first reaction to a wound is to direct a large amount of water into the affected area in order to separate it from the body and isolate the site of the disease.
In the ambulance department, the first thing that doctors often do is inject extra fluid intravenously. They do not wait until the patient himself wants to drink, they immediately put him a system for drip fluid.
What to drink and what not to drink?
Many people think that by using certain fluids other than plain water, they replenish the water balance, although in reality this leads to the loss of water by the body. Such liquids, which we take as an alternative to ordinary water, not only do not satisfy our body's water needs, but also clog it. These products include:
- Coffee and tea. It is advisable to limit the intake of these drinks (no more than 2-3 times a day), giving preference only to natural products (see personal experience of refusing coffee and tea ).
- Carbonated and fizzy drinks. Such drinks contain unhealthy components, an excess of caffeine and sugar.
- Juices are store. Contain various preservatives, citric acid and a large amount of sugar.
- Distilled water in continuous operation. You can not replace the fluid entering the body with distilled water, since it is devoid of minerals. With the constant use of distilled fluid, the body will lack minerals, which can lead to a weakening of the skeleton and concomitant diseases.
- Mineral water in constant mode. Mineral water is healing water and should be prescribed by a doctor as an appropriate course of treatment. In small doses, mineral water is useful, but you should not replace it with the use of plain water.
- Water from the tap. Such water contains impurities of heavy metals, in particular chlorine and iron, which with prolonged use can cause some harm to human health. The way out of this situation is simple - filters for water purification .
How much water should be consumed?
Depending on body weight, a person should drink 2-3 liters of water per day or 6-8 glasses of water per day at least. The norm of water consumed increases if a person is engaged in active physical labor and sports. Please note that many fluids, such as coffee and tea, lead to dehydration. Therefore, lovers of these drinks should limit their use and increase the daily dose of plain pure water.
How to find out that you consume enough water?
If you consume enough water, your urine will be clean, colorless and odorless. This facilitates the functioning of the kidneys and the cardiovascular system and serves as evidence of a good water balance. It happens that on some days you are forced to not drink for several hours in a row, or even all day. When this happens, the urine comes out hot, very concentrated and always with a smell. Such situations lead to stress on the kidneys and the cardiovascular system.
Note: some supplements with B vitamins stain urine orange. Beets can make your urine red. In some people, after consuming asparagus, urine acquires a specific odor. If the urine has an unusual color for several days, talk to your doctor about it.
The rules of healthy drinking
- Immediately after waking up, drink a glass of water (preferably in small portions). This will help to wake up, turn on the body and activate the course of biochemical reactions.
- Try to divide your daily intake of fluid into several doses in small portions so that the flow of water passes evenly throughout the day.
- Do not drink with food. Try not to drink earlier than half an hour before meals and 1-1.5 hours after eating. The liquid that enters the esophagus along with food erodes the gastric juice, which impairs its digestion. This is especially true of cold water. If there is a need to drink food eaten - make it a warm or hot liquid.
- Do not replace water with other liquids - only water has the necessary properties.
Water level phone apps
Adherents of high technology have become easier to monitor their health. Now owners of phones with Android and IOS platforms can monitor the level of fluid in the body using the special WaterBalance application.
The application is very easy to use. To get started, you need to fill out a profile where we indicate your name, weight, height, date of birth, after which the application determines your daily water rate. All you have to do is record the amount of fluid you drink per day.
The advantage of this application is that it calculates the level of dehydration for liquids such as coffee. The minus is the constant entry of data on the amount of fluid drunk. In any case, you can install and use the application for a couple of days in order to approximately find out your water balance.
Recently, scientists have carefully studied water as the most mysterious element of our planet, and many amazing discoveries have been made. For example, that water has a memory and that it can be structured. And since a person consists of 60-80% of water, all these discoveries are directly related to us. All this once again proves that water is an essential element for living organisms.