Dried apricots are dried apricot fruits. The main value of dried apricots is that when drying apricot, most of its useful trace elements are preserved. Compared to their original appearance, the “format” of dried fruits is convenient for snacking at any time - they do not take up much space, which allows you to take them with you anywhere, plus they have the same nutritional composition as fruits .
Useful properties and composition of dried apricots
Dried apricots are not as rich in vitamins, as on trace elements. The product contains a lot of potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, copper and cobalt. From vitamins in dried apricots contains vitamin C, retinol (vitamin A), nicotinic acid, B 1 , B 2 , B 5 . Dried apricot carbohydrates are fructose and glucose. They are easily absorbed by the human body and preferred than the usual sweets - sucrose.
Useful properties of dried apricots for men's health:
- High content of potassium and magnesium, helps to maintain heart health, prevents muscle cramps.
- It is a source of calcium. With a sufficient amount of calcium, all testosterone will be sent to the maintenance of other systems, i.e., be released from the maintenance of bone tissue (more on this in “Nutritional supplements to increase testosterone” ).
- It improves intestinal function, as it is the richest source of fiber (significantly more than in fresh fruit). For men, this means the prevention of urological diseases (prostatitis, impotence), because with the active work of the intestine, blood circulation in the pelvic organs improves.
- It helps cleanse the body of toxins , radionuclides, salts of heavy metals.
- A good source of iron, especially necessary for people with iron deficiency anemia.
- It helps to normalize blood pressure, helps to cleanse the blood vessels due to the high content of nicotinic acid.
- Dried apricots can be used as a substitute for refined sugar, chocolate, bakery products.
Can dried apricots improve sexual function?
Due to the high fiber content and its activating effect on blood circulation in the genitals, dried apricots are theoretically capable of improving the potency in men . Good blood circulation in the genital area, improves the work of the testicles in the synthesis of androgens and sperm, positively affecting hormones.
Important tips on using dried apricots
It is highly desirable to wash dried apricots before use, as often sanitary standards during storage and transportation of the product are not respected. Neglect of this recommendation may result in the fact that the beneficial properties of the product will overlap due to the dirt that will enter your body.
Before consuming a portion of the product, inspect it for low-quality copies and discard them. On examination, you can find mold formations, spoiled product with inappropriate appearance and so on. This does not mean that you need to do a microscopic analysis of each dried apricots - a simple basic examination of the product.
How to use?
Dried apricots is a standalone product, ready to eat. However, you can also supplement your everyday meals with it. For example, add dried apricots to oatmeal or any other suitable porridge that you eat. You can use dried apricots with cottage cheese. That is, there is enough space for culinary experiments.
How much dried apricots can be eaten per day?
On the day it is not recommended to eat more than 100-150 grams of dried apricots (5-7 medium pieces). In large quantities, this product may cause increased peristalsis and irritation of the intestines.
Who should not get involved in dried apricots?
Dried apricots may be contraindicated:
- Diabetics in large quantities. Depending on the type of diabetes , dried apricots may be allowed in limited quantities or prohibited by the attending physician. If you have such a diagnosis, you should consult with the doctors whether it is possible to eat dried apricots in a particular case.
- Hypotonic. Dried apricots are known to lower blood pressure. With minor hypotension, it can be eaten in very small quantities, with severe pathology, its use should be completely abandoned.
- Obese people. In most cases, nutritionists do not recommend using dried apricots in the presence of excess weight, but sometimes it is allowed to be consumed on fasting days.
- Allergy sufferers. If a rash, itching or hives appear after eating dried apricots, you should take antihistamines and not include them in your diet anymore.