A single case of loss of erection during intercourse is not a pathology, and is quite common among men. The main thing is not to attach importance to temporary malfunctions and look at it as a random event. Another thing, when one failure gave rise to a psychological disorder in which sexual embarrassment occurs with every sexual contact. This condition is called "Fear of the anxious expectation of sexual failure (STOSN)."
Such a sexual embarrassment greatly affects the man’s self-confidence and as a result can lead to fear of sexual intimacy and a complete rejection of sexual relations. To prevent this from happening, it is necessary to determine the exact causes of the loss of erection and eliminate them until they become permanent.
Causes of the disappearance of an erection during sex
1. Psychological. In the vast majority of cases of disappearance of an erection during or before sexual intercourse, psychological causes take place. As a rule, such reasons are individual in nature, the most common of which are:
- Bad sexual experience. Unsuccessful sexual experience leaves an imprint on the future sexual life of a man and can be the cause of the development of sexual phobias.
- Self-doubt, fear does not satisfy the partner, does not live up to her expectations. Quite frequent phenomena for men, strong experiences because of which can cause a decrease in potency or lack of an erection at the right time.
- Strong excitement, most often caused by self-doubt.
- Discontent of the partner. If a girl expresses her dissatisfaction with the sexual abilities of a man and everything connected with it (penis size, etc.), this can cause the disappearance of an erection.
- Depression, stress and problems.
2. Physiological. The disappearance of erection associated with any diseases of the genital area. They make up a small percentage for this situation and are typical for men of middle and older ages.
3. Household. Non-psychological causes and diseases reasons, which include physical or mental fatigue, indifference and apathy to a partner and more.
How to distinguish psychological from physiological problems?
If problems with an erection occur only during sexual contact with a partner, and alone with yourself you can easily cause a strong and prolonged erection, then this is definitely a psychological disorder.
How to solve psychological problems with potency?
. Elimination of STOSN . Use the methods of eliminating the fear of sexual failure , which are used by sexologists in their practice.
. Identify the source of the problem . Ask yourself if your fears are valid. Try to analyze and understand why this is happening. Can you solve the problem yourself? The concept of the cause of the disease and the realization of its inadequacy can sometimes prevail over fears.
. Enlist the support of a partner . Only one partner support can counteract all failures. Your relationship with your partner should be based on full trust and understanding, if in case of failure you could explain the situation without fear.
. Alcohol in moderation . In this case, alcohol can help: it relaxes and allows you to behave more relaxed and confident. But this does not mean that every sexual intercourse should begin with the adoption of alcohol: in most cases one successful sexual intercourse is enough to get rid of complexes of sexual failure.
. Be confident in yourself . Whatever you take, these actions should build self-confidence . Think about what makes you feel more confident in sexual relationships and embody it. For example, you can perform exercises to increase potency or eat foods that increase potency , follow general recommendations for improving health. Remember that with self-doubt you feed your fears, make them more real.
If self-treatment has not been successful, contact a good sexologist who will save you from this problem in a couple of sessions.