“Movement is life” - this is how the role of natural physical exertion on a person’s condition is characterized. The one who understood and began to put this statement into practice, made the most important step on the way to his health. The natural movement of man is walking. It is to her that our body is most adapted anatomically.
Why does a man need to move to stay healthy?
The work of the male genital organs is in close connection with the activity of the pelvic organs. The genitals, like all other organs, need active blood circulation to deliver nutrients and oxygen to them. This is the main and most important feature that allows the body to be healthy and perform its functions properly.
What happens if the blood circulation in a certain part of the body is disturbed? Generally speaking, the work of such a body slows down, it ceases to cope with its functions. What happens to the genitals?
There are two pathological factors:
- With a decrease in blood flow, the activity of the testicles for the production of sex hormones and spermatozoa worsens;
- Insufficient blood circulation leads to the development of stagnant processes and provokes the development of pathogenic microflora in the pelvic organs.
From the work of the testicles - the main endocrine organ of a man to produce sex hormones, depends on the level of testosterone , which is largely responsible for both the sex and the general health of men.
Moderate physical activity in the form of walking improves the production and distribution of testosterone throughout the body, while the sitting position provokes squeezing of the pelvic organs and disrupts blood circulation in this area.
Low physical activity leads to the formation of stagnant processes, which are a risk factor for diseases of the urogenital system. For the maintenance of local immunity and the fight against pathogenic microorganisms, the normal renewal of blood is a necessary condition. Impaired blood circulation contributes to the flourishing of colonies of pathogens. Not without reason, such a frequent illness of the sexual health of a man as prostatitis , is often a "hackneyed" problem.
Health benefits of walking
Let's write down the benefits that you can get if you choose walking as the main source of physical activity.
Walking has the following beneficial properties:
- training of the cardiovascular, respiratory system, skeletal muscles (legs, buttocks , back, abs );
- acceleration of metabolism, burning of extra calories;
- prevention of congestive processes in the pelvic organs in men ;
- improve hormonal levels;
- stimulation of the digestive system;
- brain stimulation;
- prevention of cardiovascular diseases , diabetes , diseases of the musculoskeletal system, etc.
When, how and how much to walk?
The basic principles of recreational walking:
- Moderation. Each of us has his own level of training, so any physical activity must be coordinated with the general state of health, the presence of diseases, etc. The activity and duration of a walk lesson must correspond to the current state of health;
- Graduation Gradually increase key load indicators (speed, distance, time) as you train;
- Regularity. Only regular exercises can have a positive effect on health.
When to go?
In fact, there is no fundamental difference between whether you go for a walk consciously, only in order to practice walking, or when walking is conditioned by work and life circumstances. The main thing is to move.
If your occupation forces you to remain active during the day, then you should not even be additionally involved in walking. In this case, it is better to pay attention to more active types of anaerobic loads ( running , swimming , outdoor games, etc.), if the state of health permits.
If your type of activity is associated with a constant sitting position, then you must include walking in your daily routine, even if you do sports 2-3 times a week (for example, go to a gym or a swimming pool). And here again it does not matter whether walking is a conscious step or a forced phenomenon (how to increase physical activity in everyday life, read on).
How and how much to walk?
If you do not want to complicate anything, but get simple advice, then everything is very simple - move more! This will help you walk, both in normal and accelerated pace. As for walking technique, pulse counting, special breathing and other things, you should not bother if you have a simple desire to improve your health. All these rules will only turn the easy and natural process of walking into a difficult quest.
Here are the principles that must be followed when walking well:
- Training walk should consist of 3 stages: warm up (easy pace) - 2-5 minutes, main part (target pace of walking) - from 15-20 minutes, hitch (easy pace) - 2-5 minutes;
- Training should be long enough (20 minutes). Since walking is a mild exercise, it takes a long time to complete. Therefore, a short five-minute walk will not have a therapeutic effect;
- Training should be permanent (from 3 times a week).
Why right now we need a simple walk?
The development of civilization has made our lives more convenient, for which we pay with our health. The appearance of computers, the Internet, the spread of motor vehicles, and so on, contributed to the fact that the modern man moves anomalously little. Compare the childhood of the children of the early 90s, when the only opportunity to play with friends was active games in the fresh air, and today's time, when you do not need to leave the house to play with friends, would be only a computer and the Internet. This development has affected all spheres of our lives, ranging from motor vehicles and ending with sedentary work.
What do we have in the end? As a result, the physical activity of a modern person is much less than it was even a couple of decades ago.
How to stimulate yourself to increase hiking?
Here are some tips that will help you increase the number of cherished steps to health:
- Get a dog;
- Try to use the time of arrival and departure for work for hiking (go one stop earlier, put the car on, etc.);
- Use the stairs, ignoring the elevator;
- And etc.