Some men of young and middle age can have a low level of testosterone. If this is not associated with a particular disease, then it is easy to restore the normal level of androgens. To do this, special nutrition principles are used (certain foods, vitamins and minerals), physical exercises (with weights and aimed at improving the work of the testicles), sleep normalization and other important nuances.
Increase testosterone naturally
Normalization of sleep
It is in the deep sleep phase that most of the sex hormones are secreted and if you do not sleep enough, all the measures taken to increase testosterone are reduced to zero. A healthy sleep for most people lasts about 7-8 hours, but the main criterion for normal sleep duration is well-being and cheerfulness during ascent. Ideally, you should wake up without an alarm clock, feeling completely rested. Sleep should take place in complete silence and darkness, and it is also important to provide other sleeping conditions for maximum production of testosterone.
Without adequate nutrition, you can forget about testosterone in general. Since the production of hormones is a complex process, implying the well-coordinated work of many organs and systems, it is necessary to provide the body with the necessary substances to start it. This can be compared to a bonfire: to light a large fire, it is necessary a lot of firewood - without them there will be no fire. The same goes for the development of androgens.
We include in the diet
- Minerals. The main mineral required for the synthesis of testosterone is zinc . Therefore, first of all you should take care of its sufficient intake with food or supplements. Zinc is found in seafood (oysters, squid, crabs), fish (anchovies, carp, herring), walnuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pistachios), pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Other necessary minerals that improve the effectiveness of testosterone are calcium, selenium and magnesium;
- Vitamins. For complete health, the body needs all vitamins, but a special role in increasing the level of testosterone is played: vitamin C - an antioxidant, inhibits the production of cortisol; vitamin E - antioxidant, helps insulin cope with increased sugar; vitamin D - helps the absorption of calcium, converts estrogen into its weaker forms; omega-3 and omega-6 are essential acids, are an integral part of the pathway of testosterone biosynthesis; vitamins of group B - I participate in thousands of biochemical reactions, increase the synthesis of sex hormones. These vitamins are found in citrus fruits, berries, fish oil, fruits, vegetables, nuts;
- Proteins, fats, carbohydrates are the basis of human nutrition and vital activity, without which there is not a single biochemical process, including the synthesis of testosterone. For example, fats are sources of cholesterol, which is the basis for a molecule of testosterone. Therefore, men need to balance the diet so that there is no shortage of these substances.
- Water. Depending on the body weight, a person should drink about 1.5 liters of normal treated water per day. Increased water intake is necessary if you are actively involved in sports. And remember, the water is not - soda, shop juices, sweet drinks and stuff.
Based on the above, you can make a list of products that are useful for men - it's seafood, fish, fruits, vegetables, berries, greens, nuts.
Exclude from the diet
However, not all food will work to normalize the hormonal background. Try to exclude from the diet:
- Fast carbohydrates (pastries, buns, white bread, chocolate, sweets).
- Fatty foods. Such food contains a lot of cholesterol and fat, forming excess weight.
- Fizzy and carbonated drinks. Contain a lot of sugar and are generally harmful to health.
Normalization of weight
Men who are overweight have a lower level of sex hormones. This is a proven fact, conditioned by the physiology of a man.
Fig. 1 - Effect of adipose tissue on the synthesis of male sex hormones.
The thing is that in adipose tissue there is a transformation of male sex hormones into female estrogens. And the more estrogen levels in the body, the less testosterone. Thus, fat tissue forms a closed chain (Figure 1), provoking a decrease in sex hormones.
Physical activity and exercises with weighting
It has been proved by numerous studies that moderate studies with weights contribute to the increase of testosterone. What has always distinguished males from females? It was an extraordinary male power in comparison with the female was always a man's priority. Therefore, competent classes with weighed down will give an increase in the male hormone. But the main thing is not to overdo it, because you can get exactly the opposite result.
The basic rules of training with weights for maximum increase in testosterone:
- The duration of training should not exceed an hour, ie approximately as follows: 10-15 minutes warm-up, 45-50 minutes training with weights. Why so, we will analyze further.
- The number of trainings should not exceed 3 per week. Between trainings it is necessary to take a break at least one day, to restore the muscles and strength of the body.
- Train large muscles: back, legs, chest. Be sure to include in the training program basic strength exercises to increase testosterone , such as squatting, bench press lying and standing, deadlift, etc.
- The weight of the projectile should be such that you can do as many as 8-10 repetitions. And the last repetition should cause maximum effort.
These four main criteria should be followed if you want to keep your hormones at a maximum. These rules are the results of research in this area. For example, the duration of training should not exceed a predetermined time interval, because after 45-50 minutes of training, the catabolic hormone cortisol, which is a testosterone antagonist, begins to be produced. Till this time in training testosterone is actively produced.
A significant increase in the hormonal background is carried out by training large muscle groups. If you believe that active training of biceps, triceps, calves, press and forearms will give you the right level of hormone, then you are seriously mistaken - only the training of large muscle groups is capable of this.
An example of a training program in the gym
- Thrust of the T-bar.
- Thrust for the head of the upper block sitting.
- Press barbells or dumbbells lying.
- Divorce dumbbells in the sides on the bench or the reduction of hands on the butterfly simulator.
- French bench press lying.
- Straightening the legs on the simulator.
- Bench press, standing (army bench press).
- Dumbbell wrestling sitting on the bench.
- Lifting dumbbells or barbells on the bicep.
Train, following the basic rules listed above, and take care of the appropriate nutrition after training.