Some young and middle-aged men may have low testosterone levels. If it is not associated with a particular disease, then it is easy to restore the normal level of androgens. For this purpose, special principles of nutrition (certain foods, vitamins and minerals), exercise (with weights and aimed at improving the work of the testicles), normalization of sleep and other important nuances are used.
Boost testosterone naturally
Normalization of sleep
It is in the phase of deep sleep that most of the sex hormones are released, and if you constantly lack enough sleep, then all measures taken to increase testosterone will be reduced to zero. Healthy sleep for most people lasts about 7-8 hours, but the main criterion for the normal duration of sleep is good health and vigor during the ascent. Ideally, you should wake up without an alarm clock, feeling completely rested. Sleep should take place in complete silence and darkness, and it is also important to provide other sleep conditions for maximum testosterone production.
Without good nutrition, you can forget about testosterone in general. Since the production of hormones is a complex process, involving the coordinated work of many organs and systems, for its launch it is necessary to provide the body with the necessary substances. This can be compared with a fire: to make a big fire, you need a lot of wood - without them there will be no fire. The same applies to the production of androgens.
Include in the diet
- Minerals The main mineral necessary for the synthesis of testosterone is zinc . Therefore, the first thing to do is to take care of its adequate intake with food or supplements. Zinc is found in seafood (oysters, squids, crabs), fish (anchovies, carp, herring), nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pistachios), pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Other essential minerals that improve the effectiveness of testosterone are calcium, selenium and magnesium;
- Vitamins. For the full health of the body needs all the vitamins, but a special role in increasing testosterone levels play: vitamin C - an antioxidant, inhibits the production of cortisol; Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps insulin cope with high sugar; Vitamin D - helps the absorption of calcium, turns estrogen into its weaker forms; omega-3 and omega-6 - essential acids, are an integral part of the biosynthesis pathway of testosterone; B vitamins - I participate in thousands of biochemical reactions, increase the synthesis of sex hormones. These vitamins are found in citrus fruits, berries, fish oil, fruits, vegetables, nuts;
- Proteins, fats, carbohydrates are the basis of human nutrition and life, without which there is not a single biochemical process, including testosterone synthesis. For example, fats are sources of cholesterol, which is the basis for the testosterone molecule. Therefore, men need to balance the diet so that there is no shortage of these substances.
- Water. Depending on body weight, a person should drink about 1.5 liters of ordinary purified water per day. Increased water intake is necessary if you are actively involved in sports. And remember, water is not - soda, store juices, sugary drinks and so on.
Based on the above, you can make a list of products that are useful for men - this is seafood, fish, fruits, vegetables, berries, herbs, nuts.
Exclude from the diet
However, not all food will work to normalize hormonal levels. Try to exclude from the diet:
- Fast carbohydrates (pastries, buns, white bread, chocolate, sweets).
- Fatty foods. Such food contains a lot of cholesterol and fat, forming overweight.
- Fizzy and carbonated drinks. They contain a lot of sugar and are generally harmful to health.
Overweight men have lower levels of sex hormones. This is a proven fact, due to the physiology of men.
Fig. 1 - Effect of adipose tissue on the synthesis of male sex hormones.
The thing is that in the adipose tissue is the transformation of male sex hormones into female estrogens. And the higher the level of estrogen in the body, the less testosterone. Thus, adipose tissue forms a closed chain (Fig. 1), causing a decrease in sex hormones.
Physical activity and weight training
It has been proven by numerous studies that moderate exercise with weight increases testosterone. What has always distinguished the male from the female? It is an extraordinary male power in comparison with the female has always been a male priority. Therefore, competent exercises with burdening will increase the male hormone. But the main thing is not to overdo it, because you can get the exact opposite result.
Basic rules for weight training to maximize testosterone:
- The duration of the training should not exceed an hour, i.e. something like this: 10-15 minutes warm up, 45-50 minutes training with weights. Why so, we will analyze further.
- The number of workouts should not exceed 3 per week. Between workouts, you must take a break of at least one day to restore the muscles and strength of the body.
- Train large muscles: back, legs, chest. Be sure to include in the training program basic strength exercises to increase testosterone , such as squatting, bench press lying and standing, deadlift, etc.
- The weight of the projectile must be such that it can be done as much as 8-10 repetitions. And the last repetition should cause the maximum effort.
These four basic criteria must be met if you want to keep your hormones at a maximum. These rules are the results of research in this area. For example, the duration of training should not exceed a predetermined time interval, because after 45-50 minutes of training, the catabolic hormone cortisol, which is an antagonist of testosterone, begins to be produced. Until that time, testosterone is actively produced in training.
A substantial increase in the hormonal background is carried out by training large muscle groups. If you believe that active training of biceps, triceps, calves, press and forearms will give you the desired level of hormone, then you are greatly mistaken - only training of large muscle groups is capable of it.
Sample exercise program in the gym
- Traction T-rod.
- Traction behind the head of the upper unit sitting.
- Bench barbell or dumbbell lying.
- Divorce dumbbells to the sides on the bench or flattening hands on a butterfly simulator.
- French bench press lying.
- Straightening the legs on the simulator.
- Bench press, standing (army bench).
- Dumbbell bench press sitting on the bench.
- Lifting dumbbells or barbell for biceps.
Practice by following the basic rules listed above and take care of proper nutrition after exercise.